Common Core State Standards (CCSS) Overview
* Nationally aligned curricula in Language Arts and Mathematics
* Transitioning over the next few years from our current curriculum to the Common Core Framework
* Our mathematics program is being restructured to meet the requirements with a shift of content across grade levels
* A much more rigorous approach to the instruction of reading and writing with a focus on nonfiction integration of science and social studies topics
* New form of assessment in place of the CMT projected to begin in 2015.
* Testing will be computerized and adapts according to the student’s performance